PLEASE CAREFULLY READ BELOW BEFORE SUBMITTING THIS APPLICATION
Millennia Housing Management, Ltd. and its agents are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. We encourage and support an affirmative advertising and marketing program in which there are no barriers to obtaining housing because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin.
It is the policy of Millennia Housing Management, Ltd. to take, process, and accept applications for residency without discrimination, from any person wishing to do so. The system by which such applications are approved and rejected will at all times conform to local, state, and Federal laws governing equal housing and equal credit opportunity.
All applications will be reviewed within the rules and guidelines of the Department of Housing and Urban Development for the particular program or programs available. All applications will be reviewed in regards to prior rental history, credit, earnings, and other financial data which reflect on the ability of the applicant to pay the required rent, and adhere to lease requirements.
It is the policy of Millennia Housing Management, Ltd. to accept only one application at a time for each available apartment on a first come, first served basis. An apartment will be considered rented and not available while any application is pending. Only when an application is rejected will the apartment then be available for rental on a first come, first served basis. It is the policy of Millennia Housing Management, Ltd. to place all eligible applicants on a waiting list when no unit of appropriate size is available.
YOU WILL BE DENIED HOUSING IF:
- You misrepresent any information or fail to supply required information on the application. If misrepresentation is found after a lease agreement has been executed, management reserves the right to use all administrative remedies at its disposal.
- If at any time you or any prospective household member has ever been convicted for the illegal manufacturing or distribution of a controlled substance.
- If at any time you or any prospective household member has been convicted of a crime involving drug related criminal activity.
- If you or any prospective household member is subject to lifetime registration requirements under a state sex offender registration program.
- If you or any prospective household member is currently engaging in the illegal use of a drug.
- If there is reasonable cause to believe that a household member’s illegal use or a pattern of use of a drug may interfere with the health, safety, or right to peaceful enjoyment of the premises by other residents.
- If there is reasonable cause to believe that a household member’s abuse or pattern of abuse of alcohol interferes with the health, safety, or right to peaceful enjoyment of the premises by other residents.
- If at any time you or any prospective household member has been convicted of a crime using a weapon against another individual.
- If at any time you have committed other criminal activity that would threaten the health, safety of the owner, or any employee, contractor, subcontractor, or agent of the owner who is involved in housing operations.
- In the last seven years you have a conviction for any type of crime that would be considered a threat to real property or the health, safety or the ability of other residents to peacefully enjoy their premises.
- You have a history of violence against other persons.
- Previous landlords report significant complaint levels of noncompliance activity including but not limited to:
- Failure to pay rent on time.
- Repeated disturbance of the neighbors’ peaceful enjoyment of the area.
- Reports of gambling, prostitution, illegal drug use, drug dealing, or drug manufacturing.
- Damage to the property beyond normal wear.
- Reports of violence or threats to landlords or neighbors.
- Allowing persons not on the lease to reside on the premises.
- Previous landlords would be disinclined to rent to you again for any other reason pertaining to the behavior of any household member, or others allowed on the property during you tenancy.
- Your credit is not satisfactory.
- You are unable to demonstrate that the utilities can be turned on in your name at properties with utility allowance.
- You do not meet the program requirements of the housing which you are applying for.
- Your household must have a gross income greater than three times the monthly rental fee or receiving rental assistance from an outside source i.e. Section 8 through a local housing authority.
Please Note: Federal regulations provide for special consideration for applicants with a handicap or disability. Examples of this could include eligibility for special consideration for persons with mobility handicaps when mobility handicap suites are available. Another example would be a hearing or sight disability when sensory suites are available. If you believe that you have a handicap or disability that would qualify you for special treatment under Federal regulations, you may indicate this here. You are not required to give this information.
By submitting this consent form, I am authorizing the Owner/Management Agent of the housing community for which I am applying to obtain information from a third party about me. I understand that the purpose of this information is to determine my eligibility for housing assistance. I understand that this information can include and is not limited to information regarding my income, assets and credit bureau report which may affect my eligibility.
I further understand that income information obtained from these sources will be verified according to the initial information which I have provided on my original application for housing.